Matt Hall Racing is Australia’s premier aviation entertainment organisation.
Founded by the country’s foremost aviator, Matt Hall, in 2009, Matt Hall Racing operates out of the Newcastle region in New South Wales, Australia and offers a myriad of aviation and risk management services.
Helping deliver those services is a dedicated team of full time and part time professionals that include:
- Matt Hall – Managing Director and Chief Pilot
- Pedita Hall – Director, Chief Financial Officer
- Scott Bretland – General Manager, Pilot
- Dave Lyall – Business Development manager
- Dave Finch– Chief Technician
- Andrew Musgrove – Team Coordinator
- Peter Wezenbeek – Team Tactician
- Emma McDonald – Customer Engagement and Administration Support, Pilot
- Andrew Fraser – Commercial Management Services
- Shawn Matthews – Team Advisor/Standby Team Co-ordinator
- Tobie Rutherford – Aircraft Ground Crew
- Col Burrows – Pilot
- Dan O’Donnell – Pilot
- Paul Simmons – Pilot
- Jason Easthope – Pilot
- Natalie Tierney – Charter Pilot
All of Matt’s joyflight pilots are former RAAF fighter pilots, hand picked by Matt himself. Learn more about our pilots here.
Alongside these team members sit a number of behind the scenes workers that have all helped to make Matt Hall Racing the success it is today.
The Red Bull Air Race World Championship features the world’s best race pilots in a pure motor-sport competition that combines speed, precision and skill.
Using the fastest, most agile and lightweight racing planes, pilots navigate a low-level aerial track made up of air-filled pylons 25 metres high. The Red Bull Air Race is the most thrilling motor sports competition in the sky.
The series began in 2003 and continued until 2010, when in late 2010 the Red Bull Air Race World Championships announced it would take at least one year off to reset the organisation’s structure. The series returned in 2014.
In 2015 Matt Hall had his most successful year in the sport, finishing on the podium in seven out of eight races, including his first two career victories in round six in Spielberg and round eight in Las Vegas.
Matt’s team – TeamMHR – is made up of four core members – tactician and data analyst Peter Wezenbeek, technician Dave Finch, race pilot Matt and team co-ordinator Andrew Musgrove.